- September 23, 2018 at 6:58 am #13089
How To Make A Delicious 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake
3 bars of chocolate (total of 165g = 5.8oz.)
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). When the chocolate has cooled, add the yolks and mix with a whisk.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form.
*If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the chocolate batter and blend well with a whisk. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well with a spatula.
5. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper.
Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 30-40 minutes.
7. When they are done, cool in the pan until you can touch it. Then place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can brush the cake with syrup (rum, kirsch, brandy, or any kind of liquor you like) and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! You can also keep in the freezer for a week 😀
See COMPLETE POST HERE
Shared on: 09-23-2018 01:52 AM
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.