Recipes Meals under $2.50 Sausage Stuffed Green Peppers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ?s=14&d=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.grocerybudget101.com%2Fimages%2Fuser4 Anonymous 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

* 4 medium green bell peppers
    * 8 ounces ground pork sausage
    * 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
    * 1/2 cup chopped celery
    * 2 teaspoons minced garlic
    * 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
    * 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
    * 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (optional)
    * 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
    * 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
    * 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
    * 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
    * 4 teaspoons unsalted butter

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut the tops of the bell peppers off & dice them up (just the tops!). scoop out the insides (seeds and veins) & discard. Set the 4 prepared peppers aside.

In a large skillet, crumble the sausage and cook until no longer pink. Add onions, the diced pepper, celery. Cook over medium heat until vegetables soften, add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute.

Add the cooked rice, mixing well. Season with s&p & creole seasoning. Shut off burner and add green onions & parsley.

Lightly season the inside of the peppers with salt & pepper, spoon the rice/sausage mixture into each pepper, stuffing well.

In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Season with a pinch of creole seasoning and mix well, Sprinkle 1 tablespoon over each pepper. Top each pepper with 1 teaspoon of butter and place the peppers into an 8-inch baking dish or pan.

Add 1/3c. water to the bottom of the dish.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and brown and warmed through. Serve hot.

?s=80&d=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.grocerybudget101.com%2Fimages%2Fuser4
    Anonymous

This sounds awesome! I have a pound of hot italian sausage languishing in the refrigerator as I type. I know what’s for dinner now! Thanks for the recipe.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.