This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 8 years ago.
- March 6, 2011 at 1:04 am #8397
* 4 medium green bell peppers
* 8 ounces ground pork sausage
* 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
* 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (optional)
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
* 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
* 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the tops of the bell peppers off & dice them up (just the tops!). scoop out the insides (seeds and veins) & discard. Set the 4 prepared peppers aside.
In a large skillet, crumble the sausage and cook until no longer pink. Add onions, the diced pepper, celery. Cook over medium heat until vegetables soften, add garlic, cook and stir for 1 minute.
Add the cooked rice, mixing well. Season with s&p & creole seasoning. Shut off burner and add green onions & parsley.
Lightly season the inside of the peppers with salt & pepper, spoon the rice/sausage mixture into each pepper, stuffing well.
In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Season with a pinch of creole seasoning and mix well, Sprinkle 1 tablespoon over each pepper. Top each pepper with 1 teaspoon of butter and place the peppers into an 8-inch baking dish or pan.
Add 1/3c. water to the bottom of the dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and brown and warmed through. Serve hot.July 22, 2013 at 5:40 pm #14611
This sounds awesome! I have a pound of hot italian sausage languishing in the refrigerator as I type. I know what’s for dinner now! Thanks for the recipe.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.