The chickens are overproducing and we're getting a dozen or so eggs per DAY right now. The garden is growing well and it looks as though beginning next week our grocery budget will be drastically reduced! If you like fresh tomatoes, check out this simple do it yourself indoor upside down space saving tomato planter.
May 23rd- May 29th - Happy Memorial Weekend!
Monday May 23rd:
- Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Coffee
- Lunch : Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
- Dinner: Shepards Pie, Biscuits
Tuesday May 24th:
- Breakfast: Maple Almond Scone Bites with Vanilla Glaze
- Lunch : Leftover Shepards Pie
- Dinner: Calzones, Salad
Wednesday May 25th:
- Breakfast: Strawberry Vanilla Smoothies
- Lunch : Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Honey Chipotle Sticky Chicken, Macaroni salad
Thursday May 26th:
- Breakfast: Blueberry Ginger Smoothie
- Lunch : Sticky Chicken Wraps
- Dinner: Italian Dijon Marinated Pepper Steak, Grilled Potato Wedges, salad
Friday May 27th:
- Breakfast: Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Lunch : Garden Salad with Shredded Cheddar Cheese & Hard Boiled Egg Slices
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken Breast on Whole Wheat Rolls
Saturday May 28th:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Sugared Donuts, Coffee
- Lunch & Dinner: Potluck Barbecue with Family & Friends -grazing on armadillo eggs, macaroni salad, potato salad, grilled ribs, corn on the cob,
Sunday May 29th:
- Breakfast: Breakfast Burritos (Sausage, egg, cheese, chopped veggies)
- Lunch: Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits or salad
- Dinner: Leftover BBQ dishes from Yesterdays Party
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
- Magic Middles
- Homemade Yogurt
- Veggie slices (carrot sticks/celery Sticks) & Dill Veggie Dip
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Hard Boiled Eggs
* Iced Tea or herbal teas
* Copycat Gatorade
A few things I'd like to share : The weather forecast for the week had a lot to do with this weeks menu. It's supposed to be in the high 90's with high humidity all week & our jobs require us to work outside all day long. Generally speaking, when it's this hot and we're out working, we don't bother to stop for lunch. If we do, it's something very light and cold like a fruit salad or garden salad. Anything heavier than that & you spend the day feeling sick from the heat.
Organizing a Potluck event with family and friends is rather simple. You already know which of your friends/family likes to cook and the types of food they prefer to cook. Some folks only make desserts, some like
Make sure you have at least 1 thing per category. Don't forget you'll need condiments as well!
Keep in mind that during the month of May- several items will go on sale including all types of condiments, bbq sauces, marinades, ground beef, picnic stuff, pet foods, etc. Here's the full run down of what to expect for May Sales.