Asian Cucumber Salad
A wonderfully light lunch or side dish accompaniment to grilled chicken or pork, this simple Chinese-style cold sesame salad combines the light crisp fresh garden cucumber strips with a sesame oil season blend.
* 2 tablespoons dark (Asian) Sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar or rice vinegar (not seasoned)
* 1/4 teaspoon sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
* 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
* 3 cucumbers, julienned
* 1 scallion, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly and cooled
In a small bowl stir together oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes until sugar and salt are dissolved.
In a large bowl toss julienne cucumber strips with sauce and scallions until combined well and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Serve with grilled chicken or fish.