July 4th- July 10th
Monday July 4th: Happy Independence Day!
* Breakfast: coffee, Banana Bread
* Lunch & Dinner: BBQ Bash Get Together with
Tuesday July 5th:
* Breakfast: French Toast, sliced strawberries
* Lunch: Leftovers from Yesterdays BBQ
* Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Asian Cucumber Noodle Salad
Wednesday July 6th:
* Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, Homefries, Toast
* Lunch: Chicken & Grape Salad Wraps, potato salad
* Dinner: Grilled Halibut, CousCous, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday July 7th:
* Breakfast: Onion Bagels & Cream Cheese
* Lunch: Garden Salad
Friday July 8th: The Weather calls for triple digit heat 101F , So with that in mind, we're planning on some cooler, lighter recipes
* Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins, coffee
* Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches/ Wraps
* Dinner: Grilled Black Bean- and Rice-Stuffed Peppers, sliced fresh tomatoes
Saturday July 9th:
* Breakfast: Eggs Benedict, Coffee
* Lunch: Tomato Pie
* Dinner: Mock Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes, salad
Sunday July 10th:
* Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
* Lunch: Cool Cucumber Soup, Sharp Cheddar Cheese Slices, Butter Crackers
* Dinner: Dinner at extended Family's Home
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* Orange Sherbert
* Heath Bar Crunch Ice Cream
* Microwave Popcorn (homemade)
* Fresh Fruit- banana's, plums,
* Yogurt & Fruit Parfaits
* Angel Food Cake & Fresh Berries
* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
A few things I'd like to share: Please keep in mind, if you haven't seen our previous weekly menus, that our modest garden is producing copious amounts of cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, peppers, and tomatoes, etc. As such, we're incorporating as many fresh veggies as possible into our menu.
Also, over the last couple of weeks we've had the opportunity to go Deep Sea fishing and added a considerable amount of fish fillets to the freezer including Halibut, red snapper, and Salmon.
Getting the most out of your grocery budget means taking advantage of deals, sales and opportunities in your own area. This is the perfect time of year to seek out Farmers Markets, Craigslist listings from folks that have overly abundant gardens, etc.
We'd love to see/hear your grocery deals, menu's and budgets. Feel free to submit them in the comments below.