This make ahead pumpkin french toast casserole is quick an easy to throw together the night before a holiday or just to create a special
The batter, so to speak, consists of fresh eggs, a dash of milk, a generous helping of pumpkin and everyone's fall favorite, pumpkin pie spice!
* 10 slices whole wheat bread, cubed (we use honey wheat)
* 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 6 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
If you'd prefer you can use 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in the recipe.
Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray (or butter lightly) and add the cubed bread, set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the remaining
Otherwise, Bake Uncovered at 350F - until the pumpkin mixture is set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
If baking in the morning after being refrigerated, simply place the dish in the oven, no preheating required.