When slicing steak, always cut across the grain, rather than With the grain. This helps to make the meat less "chewy" and more tender, particularly on tougher cuts of meat.
* 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
* 1 green pepper, julienned
* 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
* 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
* Hot cooked rice (optional)
* 1 tsp Pepper
In a small bowl mix cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the Steak strips and cook until just slightly pink. Add peppers and onions and saute all together for 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic
Sprinkle liberally with Pepper (to taste)
Serve over hot rice, or baked potato, or with a salad. This mixture makes Delicious Pepper Steak Wraps for quick lunches during the work week.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / DreamBigPhotos