When slicing steak, always cut across the grain, rather than With the grain. This helps to make the meat less "chewy" and more tender, particularly on tougher cuts of meat.
If you're following a Keto diet, you can use 2 Teaspoons of Glucomannan Powder or 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed as
* 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
* 1 green pepper, julienned
* 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
* 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
* 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or Coconut Aminos (for Keto)
* Hot cooked rice (optional)
* 1 tsp Pepper
In a small bowl mix cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the Steak strips and cook until just slightly pink. Add peppers and onions and saute all together
Stir in garlic and seasoned broth mix, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Sprinkle liberally with Pepper (to taste)
Serve over hot rice, or baked potato, or with a salad. This mixture makes Delicious Pepper Steak Wraps for quick lunches during the work week.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / DreamBigPhotos