The majority of our groceries were purchased at Aldi's this week and include cabbage, peppers, potatoes, spinach, pretzels, fresh broccoli, cucumbers, granny smith apples, sugar & flour. Despite finding great deals
This week was a pantry/mix supply restocking week and as such, despite having several bags of flour already, we purchased 2 more. I made up more than 15 various flavors of bread machine mixes, a bunch of chicken, beef and turkey gravy mixes, several dip mixes, some laundry soap and about 25 various seasoning blends.
Here's our dirt cheap menu plan for the week . . .
- Breakfast: Fruit Breakfast Bars
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Veggie Stew
- Dinner: Broccoli Garlic Penne, Salad
- Breakfast: Valentines Day Smoothies
- Lunch: Grilled Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches, (Extra grilled chix set aside for kids dinner tonight)
- Dinner: Romantic Dinner Out (for 2) The Boys will be throwing together a stir fry for themselves using the chicken I cook at lunchtime.
- Breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin Toast, Eggs
- Lunch: Crunchy Ramen Pepper Salad
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls, Salad
- Breakfast: Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal
- Lunch: Leftover Cabbage Rolls
- Dinner: Pepper Steak, Baked Potato
- Breakfast: Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quesadillas
- Lunch: Pepper Steak Wraps
- Dinner: Hearty Meatball Spinach
- Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Salad
- Dinner: Crockpot Roast Beef, Potatoes, Carrots, Yeast Rolls
Sunday 19th: Lately on Sundays we've been eating a late breakfast, around 10 am or so and it carries well over into the afternoon before anyone wants to eat again. This tends to be a day where we munch on various items, deviled eggs, fruit, cut veggies, etc
- Breakfast: Country Breakfast Casserole (Few alterations to the recipe- I make my own sausage using ground turkey & use my own shredded hash browns, rather than buying them).
- Lunch/Dinner: Open FacedRoast Beef Sandwiches (using leftover roast & Homemade bread!)
- Fresh Fruit- Granny Smith Apples, Cinnamon walnut cherry Cheeseball
- No Bake Nutella Dreams
- Stained Glass Valentine Cookies
- Double Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Pretzel Sticks with Onion Blossom Sauce
FYI: We're getting over a dozen eggs a day now & as such, we're a little tired of them.
The freezer is still fairly full of chicken that we purchased back in November/Dec- but the traditional February sales cycles tells me to be on the lookout for great deals on steaks, pork ribs, seafood etc. I already found oatmeal about half price (it's National Hot Breakfast month)!