Here's our dirt cheap menu plan for the week . . .
- Breakfast: Blueberries & Cream Oatmeal
- Lunch: Pesto Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Grilled Steaks, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries
- Breakfast: Donut Muffins
- Lunch: Spring Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Dinner: Tuscan Chicken Stew, Cornbread
- Lunch: Leftover Tuscan Stew
- Dinner: Bacon Spinach Rotini
- Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast
- Lunch: Leftover Bacon Spinach rotini
- Dinner: Boston Baked Beans, cornbread
- Breakfast: Mini Orange-Maple French Toast Breakfast Casseroles
- Lunch: Apple Cabbage Toss & Leftover Baked Beans
- Dinner: Homemade Pizza with Pepperoni & Veggies
- Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
- Lunch: Dijon egg Salad wraps & Leftover baked Beans
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken & Au Gratin Cabbage
Sunday 26th: Daytona 500 Race Day!
- Breakfast: Waffles & Coffee - All day Party/Race feast with friends
- Fresh Fruit- Granny Smith Apples, Cinnamon walnut cherry Cheeseball
- Chewy Granola Bars
- Pretzel Sticks with Onion Blossom Sauce
FYI: The sweet potatoes mentioned are from our garden last year. I figured that I'd better hurry up and use them as several of them have started sprouting already. As such, I've pulled the "eyes" off the potatoes and placed them in water to root. We'll be trying a new (cheap!) method of gardening in a couple weeks and these will come in handy. Apparently I bought too much food last week, because we're still munching on granny smith apples this week. Incidentally, if you haven't tried the cinnamon walnut cherry cheeseball, you're really missing out!
Dh managed to find some fairly decent steaks on sale so I incorporated them into this weeks menu.
The freezer is still fairly full of chicken that we purchased back in November/Dec- but the traditional February sales cycles tells me to be on the lookout for great deals on steaks, pork ribs, seafood etc. I already found oatmeal about half price (it's National Hot Breakfast month)!
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / HHLtDave5