* 4 medium bell peppers, any color you have
* 8 ounces ground pork sausage
* 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
* 1/2 cup chopped celery
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain rice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper,
* 1/2 tsp creole seasoning (optional)
* 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
* 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
* 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Carefully cut the tops of the bell peppers off & dice them up (just the tops!). Gently scoop out the insides (seeds and veins) discarding them, avoid puncturing the pepper. Set the 4 prepared peppers aside while you prepare the yummy filling!
In a large skillet, crumble the sausage and cook over medium high
Add the cooked rice, mixing well. Season lightly with a dash of salt and pepper, & creole seasoning. Remove from heat and add green onions & parsley.
Lightly season the inside of the peppers with salt & pepper, spoon the rice/sausage mixture into each pepper, stuffing well.
In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Season with a pinch of creole seasoning and mix well, Sprinkle 1 tablespoon over each pepper. Top each pepper with 1 teaspoon of butter and place the peppers into an 8-inch baking dish or pan.
Add 1/3c. water to the bottom of the dish.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are crusty and brown and warmed through. Serve while still hot!