Living along the coastline has always been a benefit to the grocery budget. Having grown up in a seafood loving household, catching and eating sweet blue crabs is both fun and delicious! We'll spend an entire day on the coast with the kids, catching blue crabs (& the
For our efforts, we'll bring home a large cooler full of fat blue crabs for a neighborhood seafood bake as well as have plenty to stock the freezer for dishes later in the season.
Every area has it's own offerings- when we lived in the mid-west, we frequently had access to venison, costing us about $45 per deer for processing, or about $1.25 a pound average for fresh, lean meat. It's worth taking advantage of your local resources to save bundles on your grocery bill.
Another great example of this- this past week we discovered an old farmer that planted more
Total Spent this week- $49.11 - groceries included fresh strawberries, blueberries, oatmeal, milk, lemons, corn on the cob, bacon, cabbage, tomato paste, yogurt, artisan lettuce, celery, canola oil, fresh spinach, cream cheese, coffee, peaches,
* Breakfast: Poached Eggs on Toast
* Lunch: Cool Cucumber Soup
* Dinner: Savory Meatloaf, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, pickled beets, salad
* Breakfast: Blueberry ginger Smoothies
* Lunch: Cucumber Egg Salad sandwiches, Fresh tomato & cucumber slices
* Dinner: Eggplant Meatballs over tomato Basil Pasta
* Breakfast: Blueberry Muffins
* Lunch: Herbed Cottage Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
* Dinner: Campfire Pig Greens, Corn on the Cob
* Breakfast: Veggie Omelet & Toast
* Lunch: Bermuda Spinach Salad
* Dinner:Montreal Steak, Grilled Red Potatoes & Green Beans
* Breakfast: Yogurt Parfaits & Honey Granola Bars
* Dinner: Grilled Chicken Pesto Pizza, Salad
* Breakfast: Blueberries & Cream Oatmeal
* Midday: Steamed Blue Crabs, Corn on the Cob, Salad - Additional Potluck Dishes
* Breakfast: Cherry Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
* Lunch: Grilled Eggplant Pizzas
* Dinner: Crab Stuffed Baked Halibut, Baked Potatoes, Steamed Asparagus
* Fresh Fruit- Peaches, nectarines, strawberries
* Zucchini Crisp
* Microwave Popcorn
* Blueberry Pie
* Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
Our own garden is producing cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, fresh tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and eggplant.
For those that are just joining our weekly menus, we do raise our own chickens (for fresh eggs) and get about a dozen per day- So if you're noticing a large number of eggs in our menu, that's why!