This recipe serves 4 easily.
* 1/2 Cantaloupe or Musk Mellon
* 1/2 Honeydew
* 1 Tbsp. Extra light tasting olive oil
* 1 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
* 1 tsp. Lemon zest
* 1 tsp. Fresh thyme or basil leaves, finely minced
* 1/8 tsp. Fresh cracked pepper
* 3 whole Bananas, sliced
To begin, scoop out the melons with a melon baller or cut them into small bite sized cubes and place them into a large bowl.
In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, and thyme. Whisk well to combine and pour the dressing over the melon pieces, gently fold to coat all the melon. (Alternatively, you could place the melon pieces in a gallon ziploc bag, pour the dressing over, seal and shake the bag!).
Refrigerate for a minimum of 10 minutes
This delicious summer salad makes a lovely light lunch.
Recipe adapted from Chiquita Banana Site