* 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
* 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
* 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
* 1 Large ripe avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
* 1 teaspoon salt
** 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
1 large fillet of any Light Whitefish- Haddock, Cod, Halibut, (whatever you like!)
1 tsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Mix sugar, olive oil, and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside while preparing the other fruits. This gives the sugar time to dissolve completely!. In a separate bowl combine diced mango, bell pepper, and onion, folding gently.
Pour the seasoning over the mango mix, then very Gently fold in diced avocado, season lightly with salt, up to 1 tsp.
During the summer months when my garden is growing abundantly,
Lightly oil the grates on the grill. The easiest way that I've found to do this is to dampen a paper towel with a few teaspoons of olive oil and carefully wipe it onto the hot grates.
Grill the fish for 3 minutes, flip ONCE and grill the other side for another 2-3 minutes. This is entirely dependent on how hot your grill is (We use LOW heat for fish) and how Thick the fillets are! Do not overcook the fish.
Serve hot with a generous scoop of mango avocado salsa!
Premeditated Leftover Idea:
- Fish Tacos w/ Avocado Mango Salsa
- Salad with Cut up grilled chicken and Mango Avocado Salsa