First, a bit about our Thanksgiving Menu- this year we're having a massive get together with friends/family - we're counting on a minimum of 20 people. Since it would be expensive for one family to feed everyone, we're holding a potluck. Each Person/Family is bringing 2 items (a side dish and dessert, or a main dish & side dish, etc). The goal is to make sure that no family spends more than $15. We're providing a Turkey, Butternut Squash and Homemade Yeast Rolls.
If you followed our menu last week you know that we reserved the majority of the budget and put it toward this weeks menu plan instead so that we could restock the pantry and many necessary baking items while they're on sale. Mid-November is an Excellent time of year to stock up on all baking supplies, chocolate chips, sugar, flour, various types of flour, as well as canned goods.
We purchased the following: (2) Turkeys, milk, spinach, whole pineapples (3), bananas, prime rib, various baking supplies (including baking soda, baking powder. flours, sugars, etc), cream cheese, red potatoes, lettuce, celery, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, cranberries, fresh green beans, apples, grapes, cabbage, red potatoes, cranberry juice, gingerale, coffee, canned chili's, pomegranates, pepperocini's, olives and yeast. Our total spent was $86.15
- Breakfast: Autumn Slow Cooker Oats
- Lunch: Honey Roasted Pumpkin Spinach Salad (substituting butternut squash for pumpkin)
- Dinner: Prime Rib, Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes, Salad
- Breakfast: Egg McMuffins or pineapple/cottage cheese
- Lunch: Grilled Eggplant Pizzas
- Dinner: (Leftover) Prime Rib Subs, Pepperocini's
- Breakfast: Grits, Eggs, Toast
- Lunch: Garden Salad w/ sliced hard boiled eggs
- Dinner: Campfire Pig Greens, Roasted Red Potatoes
Thursday 22nd: Happy Thanksgiving
- Breakfast: Land o' Nod Cinnamon Rolls
- Midday Meal: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Broccoli Casserole, Yeast Rolls, Cranberry Orange Relish, Stuffing, Roast Ham, Cream Pie Bites, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cream Dream & Honey Graham Crackers, cranberry sauce, Cranberry Spritzers
Friday 23rd: Get Together w/ Friends- We're digging our own oysters and since we're providing all the oysters, friends are bringing side dishes to share as well!
- Breakfast: Fresh Pineapple Wedges, Cottage Cheese
- Lunch: Open Faced Turkey Sandwiches, salad
- Dinner: Steamed Oysters, Steamed Garlic Green Beans & Various Potluck style sides
Saturday 24th: Game Day!
- Breakfast: Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole
- Lunch: Colorful Turkey Pasta Salad, Grilled Hamburgers (from the freezer)
- Dinner: Viva La Turkey!
- Breakfast: Apple Slices with Cinnamon Apple Cheeseball
- Midday Meal: Dinner with Family for Holiday
- Deviled Eggs. Hard Boiled Eggs
- Fresh Fruit- Apples, Pumpkins, grapes, pomegranates, Pears, Pineapples
- Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies
- Cinnamon Honey Graham Crackers & Pumpkin Cream Dream
- Double Layer No Bake Pumpkin Pie
* Cranberry Spritzers
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
FYI: The easiest way to plan your menu is take a look at what you have on hand and then view the weeks sales flyers for your favorite stores. If you didn't know, we've compiled a list of All the store flyers for every store we can think of. If your store isn't listed, comment at the bottom of the page and we'll add it for you.
For Thanksgiving Recipes, Check out this Thanksgiving Page
Visit our Sales cycles page for a complete list of expected Sales Items for November
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / tomasfoto