Ham, Corned Beef Brisket (to freeze), cabbage, red potatoes, milk, 25 packages of Frozen Vegetables
Breakfast Choices this week: If your kids are younger it might be easier for you to list out the breakfast per day for planning purposes. Ours are teens, so it's easier just to offer a list of choices for them to decide what they'd prefer to eat in the mornings before school. Here are this weeks Breakfast options:
- Grape Salad
- Toasted Bagels with Harvest Peach Jam
- Copycat Starbucks Caramel Scones
- Irish Scones
- Egg White Omelets (Egg whites, diced veggies, seasonings)
- Banana Walnut Oatmeal
- Eggs- Poached, scrambled, fried, etc
Monday March 18, 2013:
- Lunch: Cabbage Rolls (using planned leftovers from boiled dinner)
- Dinner: Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops, Salad, Crispy Romano Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- Lunch: PB & Jam sandwiches
- Dinner: Tomato basil pasta with Garlic Sauce & Salad
- Lunch: Leftover Enchiladas
- Dinner: Campfire Pig Greens
Friday February 22nd:
- Lunch: Dilled Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Baked Ham, Biscuits, salad, honey glazed roasted carrots, salad, riced potatoes
- Midday: Pot Luck Get together with friends - We're Hosting and making Crockpot Morning Casserole, which is actually quite delicious all day long!
- Fresh Fruit- Apples (leftover from last week), Bananas, Oranges, Grapes, Cantaloupe
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Blissful Chocolate Frosting Shots
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Double Fudge Brownie Pie
Drinks Available: A note about our drink offerings, while we do always have coffee and tea in the house, coffee is usually with breakfast, hot tea is usually in the evening and for the most part our other drinks consist of Water. We don't "drink milk" at all.
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Homemade Gatorade
The cantaloupe mentioned in this weeks menu was given to us by a vendor at the Farmers market. Occasionally when you're a good, repeat customer, they'll throw in items at no charge.
It has been brought to our attention that a few
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- March Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - a few of the most often asked questions regarding our $50 menu plans