This week we picked up the following: bread, vanilla yogurt, lettuce, rhubarb, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, kiwi, strawberries, spinach, mango, cabbage, cream cheese, tuna, total spent $39.35
From our small garden we harvested: Fresh radishes, tomatoes, jalapenos, Zucchini, Summer Squash, cucumbers, fresh beets,
Breakfast Options for this week: School has been out for a couple weeks and the kids have a habit of grabbing items and munching them as desired. So rather than list certain days (like I choose what they eat!) here are the items that are available to them:
- Expresso Refrigerator Oatmeal - this one is a favorite of our oldest son, who has a habit of scoffing one down in the wee hours of the night, 1 or 2 in the morning when he gets out of work. It's not only a great breakfast option, it's a healthy, filling snack option as well.
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Maple Almond Scones, Coffee
- Raspberry Vanilla Swirl Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Scrambled Eggs or fruit salad
- Peach Melba Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Toasted English Muffins with Harvest Peach Jam
- Rhubarb Ginger Fool
Best Snack of the week: Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Triangles
Monday June 10th:
- Lunch: Tuna Salad Filled Tomatoes
- Dinner: Haitian Voodoo Kebabs, Salad
Tuesday June 11th
- Lunch: Open Faced Grilled Cheese/Tomato/Red Onion Sandwich, salad
- Dinner: Tuscan Chicken
Wednesday June 12th:
- Lunch: Fresh Cucumber Sandwiches
- Dinner: Farmer's Market Omelets & Toast
Thursday June 13th:
Friday June 14th:
Saturday June 15th:
- Lunch: Rosemary Pepper Pasta & Grilled Zucchini
- Dinner: Oven Fried KFC Seasoned Chicken, KFC Wedges, Copycat KFC Coleslaw, Copycat KFC Gravy
Sunday June 16th: Happy Father's Day
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken in Wraps
- Dinner: New England Boiled Dinner (Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, Carrots, Biscuits)
- Fresh Fruit- (leftover) Apples, Home-Canned Peaches, blueberries, mango, strawberries, pineapple (leftover from last week) bananas
- Healthy Zucchini Brownies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Orange Sherbet
- Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheese Ball
- S'mores Cookie Bars
Drinks Available: A note about our drink offerings, while we do always have coffee and tea in the house, coffee is usually with breakfast, hot tea is usually in the evening and for the most part our other drinks consist of Water. We don't "drink milk" at all, it is usually used in making homemade yogurt, or in cereals, baking, etc.
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
It has been brought to our attention that a few folks who are just joining us are getting the wrong impression that we purchase EVERYTHING at once for each weeks menu plan. This is not the case at all, nor do we recommend it.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- June Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of June, so you know what savings to expect
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - a few of the most often asked questions regarding our $50 menu plans
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more