sliced cheese, bananas, grapes, celery, cottage cheese, lettuce, oatmeal, yogurt, bread, chia seeds and strawberries.
From our small garden we harvested: Fresh radishes, tomatoes, jalapenos, Zucchini, Summer Squash, cucumbers, fresh beets, a few carrots, and green peppers.
We picked fresh blueberries and blackberries.
- Poached Eggs on Toast
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Banana Nut Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Egg Scramble Wraps (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers)T
- French Toast & Berries
- Tropical Delight Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Toasted English Muffins with Mock Raspberry Jam
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Oatmeal
Best Snack of the week:
Monday June 17th:
- Lunch: Cottage Cheese Filled Tomatoes
- Dinner: Red Flannel Hash (from sunday's dinner)
Tuesday June 18th
Wednesday June 19th:
- Dinner: Lemon Pepper Grilled Bass, Italian Marinated Summer Squash (also grilled), steamed beets
Thursday June 20th:
- Lunch: Open Faced Grilled Cheese/Tomato/Red Onion Sandwich, salad
- Dinner: Copycat Applebees Grilled Ribs, Potato Salad, fresh tomato slices
Friday June 21st:
- Lunch: Fresh Cucumber Sandwiches or Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Fully Loaded Pizza (Homemade) (Our loaded pizza consists of onions, peppers, jalapenos and whatever meats available- pepperoni, sausage, bbq chicken, etc)
Saturday June 22nd:
- Midday: Pig Roast Party with Friends, we're bringingParty cookout with Friends! We're bring Macaroni Salad & No Bake Nutella Dreams & Chocolate Covered Whipped Cream Filled Strawberry Jello Shots (alcoholic)
Sunday June 23rd:
- Lunch: 7 Layer Ramen Salad
- Dinner: "Restaurant Night"
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, blackberries
- Healthy Zucchini Brownies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- S'mores Cookie Bars
Drinks Available: A note about our drink offerings, while we do always have coffee and tea in the house, coffee is usually with breakfast, hot tea is usually in the evening and for the most part our other drinks consist of Water. We don't "drink milk" at all, it is usually used in making homemade yogurt, or in cereals, baking, etc.
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona
* Chocolate Covered Whipped Cream Filled Strawberry Jello Shots (alcoholic)
The bass mentioned in this weeks menu plan was caught locally. Since the boys are in & out so much we haven't been following through a whole lot with our lunch menus. Essentially this means we're freezing LOTS of leftovers and we may have to do a "Restaurant Night" several times in one week to free up some freezer space before canning season hits.
The apple strudel filling mentioned in this weeks plan was actually frozen last fall as "apple pie filling". We froze several "half" batches for quick pastries/snacks- which is why you see it on the menu, but not in the groceries purchased list.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- June Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of June, so you know what savings to expect
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!