This week we purchased the following: chocolate bars, marshmallows, canned biscuits, cabbage, pepper jack cheese, provolone cheese, french dressing, miracle whip, mayo, burger buns, chips, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Apricot Jam, mango, strawberries, coffee, kielbasa, potatoes- total spent $44.12
The following items included in this weeks menu plan were harvested from our small garden: Fresh radishes, tomatoes, jalapenos, Zucchini, Summer Squash, cucumbers, fresh beets, a few carrots, okra and green peppers.
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/bacon/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Raspberry Lemon Delight
- Cranberry Pecan Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Mandarin Orange Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Toasted English Muffins with Mock Raspberry Jam
- Mango Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Griddle Pancakes, Breakfast Sausage
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
Monday June 24th:
- Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches & Campfire Pig Greens
Tuesday June 25th
- Lunch: Chicken Spiedies & cucumber spears
- Dinner: Honey Dijon Marinated Grilled Chicken, Dilled Zucchini & Summer Squash
Wednesday June 26th:
- Lunch: Cool Cucumber Soup, armadillo Eggs
- Dinner: Hearty Zucchini Casserole
- Dessert: Strawberry Eclair Cake
Thursday June 27th:
Friday June 28th:
Saturday June 29th:
- Lunch: Beanhole Beans & Hot Dogs (These are cooked in a cast iron pot that is buried in the ground over hot coals)
- Dinner: Italian Marinated Pepper Steaks,Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries (grilled)
Sunday June 30th:
- Lunch: Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (using leftover steak)
- Dinner: Campfire Sausage & Veggies& Leftover Bean Hole Beans
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, blackberries
- S'more Puffs
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- No Bake Nutella Dreams
- Campfire Cinnabursts
Drinks Available: A note about our drink offerings, while we do always have coffee and tea in the house, coffee is usually with breakfast, hot tea is usually in the evening and for the most part our other drinks consist of Water. We don't "drink milk" at all, it is usually used in making homemade yogurt, or in cereals, baking, etc.
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
- June Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends for the month of June, so you know what savings to expect
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / Apolonia