Items harvested from the garden include: about 15lbs of tomatoes, a 5 gallon pail of cucumbers, several large zucchini, summer squash, okra, jalapeno peppers,
This week we cleaned out the freezer to get ready for an upcoming meat restocking week. As we warned last winter, the drought that affected the midwest has drastically increased meat prices in our area (and in yours as well, I'm sure!). We still had several hams from easter sales, so we'll be dining on that this week and stretching into several different meals.
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Espresso Waffles
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/ diced tomatoes,
- Espresso Refrigerator Oatmeal - (our oldest LOVES these for snacks, so...)
- Morning Sunrise (Egg over easy with fresh sliced garden tomato & slice of cheese)
- Denver Omelet- (this one uses a bit of ham leftover from the boiled dinner)
Monday July 22nd:
- Lunch: Tuna Grape Cucumber Sub Salad
- Dinner: Boiled Ham Dinner, Cabbage, Riced Potatoes, Carrots, fresh rolls
Tuesday July 23rd:
Wednesday July 24th
Thursday July 25th:
Friday July 26th:
- Lunch: Leftover Mac & Cheese, salad
- Dinner: Italian Chicken Saute, Garlic Toast
Saturday July 27th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Saute &
- Dinner: Lemon Pepper Grilled Bass, Italian Marinated Grilled Potatoes, Tomato Cucumber Salad
Sunday July 28th:
- Lunch: Zucchini Parmesan Crisps, Fried Green Tomatoes & Okra
- Dinner: Split Pea Soup with Ham (made with the Ham bone), Biscuits
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, Fresh blueberries, Fresh blackberries, pears (picked locally), figs (picked off our trees), apples
- Fiesta Salsa
- Homemade Trail mix w/ Dried Berries (Cherries, Strawberries, Cranberries,raisins, 4 kinds of nuts)
- Pickled Okra
- Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- July Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of July, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / margouillat