We bought a top round roast, almond milk, cream cheese, lettuce, celery, potatoes, fresh broccoli, 2 fresh limes, 2 fresh lemons, an orange, strawberries for a grand total of $28.41
Items harvested from the garden include: about 10lbs of tomatoes, a 3 gallon pail of cucumbers, 3 large zucchini, 2 summer squash, okra, jalapeno peppers, handful of green peppers, carrots and radishes and 2 watermelons-FINALLY!!
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Easy Drop Danish
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Blueberry Waffles
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Morning Sunrise (Egg over easy with fresh sliced garden tomato & slice of cheese)
- Banana Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
Monday July 29th:
- Lunch: Leftover Split Pea Soup
- Dinner: Easy Crockpot Beef & Broccoli
Tuesday July 30th:
Wednesday July 31st
- Lunch: Leftover Crockpot Beef & Broccoli in wraps
- Dinner: Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats & Au Gratin Grilled Potatoes
Thursday August 1st:
- Lunch: Leftover Key West Chicken over veggie salad
- Dinner: Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry with Jasmine Rice
Friday August 2nd:
- Lunch: Cucumber Salad, Egg salad sandwiches
- Dinner: Faux Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Saturday August 3rd: Throwing a Party!
- Midday Meal/Munchies: Watermelon Carving/fruit bowl, Burgers, Hot dogs, Macaroni Salad, Fiesta Salsa & Homemade Tortilla Chips, blueberry lemon cheesecake bars, watermelon dessert salsa
Sunday August 4:
- Lunch: Leftover Prime Rib sandwiches with Au Jus
- Dinner: Hibachi Night- Stir fry zucchini, onions, Chinese Fried Rice, Chicken
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, Fresh blueberries, Fresh blackberries, pears (picked locally), figs (picked off our trees)
- Fiesta Salsa
- Homemade Trail mix w/ Dried Berries (Cherries, Strawberries, Cranberries,raisins, 4 kinds of nuts)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Swirl Popsicles
- Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Popsicles
- S'Mores Cookie Bars
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
We raise a few chickens, ok, to be completely honest about 3 dozen now! And get anywhere from 2-3 dozen eggs per day. We frequently have deviled eggs, deviled egg dip & veggies, various forms of egg salad (18 different ways) and hard boiled eggs. They make great snacks and are an excellent source of clean protein, particularly for our weight lifting sons.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- August Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of August, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more