2 whole chickens, Fresh Cantaloupe, celery, artisan
From the garden we harvested okra, tomatoes, 3 zucchini, jalapenos, carrots, cucumbers, and 3 green peppers. I think this is the tale end of the garden, the Southern heat is really getting to it! We also raise chickens so the eggs you see in this weeks menu are from our girls.
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Sour Milk Donuts
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Harvest Peach Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Toasted English Muffins with Harvest Peach Jam
- Diced Cantaloupe
- Mango Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
Monday August 5th:
- Lunch: Cantaloupe/Banana Salad (it's in the high 90's folks, no one's going to want to eat today!)
- Dinner: Grilled Halibut with Avocado Mango
- Lunch: Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- Dinner: Sinfully Simple Rotisserie Chicken, Loaded Baked Potatoes, Fresh String Beans
Thursday August 8th:
- Lunch: Curry Chicken Salad Wraps
- Dinner:Birthday Dinner at Friends- was told not to make plans!
Friday August 9th:
- Lunch:Leftover Mexican Casserole
- Dinner: Chicken Picadillo with Rice and Black Beans
Saturday August 10th:
- Lunch: Tuna Pasta Salad, Sliced Tomatoes from the Garden
- Dinner: Beef Stroganoff over Rosemary Pepper Pasta & Salad(recipe coming wednesday!)
Sunday August 11th:
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, Fresh blueberries,
- Fiesta Salsa
- S'mores Bites
- Mason Jar Coconut Pie
- Healthy Zucchini Brownies
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
We raise a few chickens, ok, to be completely honest about 3 dozen now! And get anywhere from 2-3 dozen eggs per day. We frequently have deviled eggs, deviled egg dip & veggies, various forms of egg salad (18 different ways) and hard boiled eggs. They make great snacks and are an excellent source of clean protein, particularly for our weight lifting sons.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- August Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of August, so you know
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more