yogurt, almond milk, bananas, green peppers, shrimp, artisan lettuce, celery, marshmallows, hershey bars (on sale), loaf of italian
Breakfast Options for this week: I cooked 4 dozen hard boiled eggs this morning to have quick bursts of protein on the run. In the meantime, here are a few other dishes that are listed on the menu plan with the normal take it or leave it option. Some weeks it seems I plan for all of these things and the kids mainly eat the hard boiled eggs because they're training for sports or weightlifting.
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Southern Comfort Grits
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Toasted English
- Healthy Twist Oatmeal
- Raspberry Cream French Toast Fingers
- Blueberry Maple Porridge
- Jam Breakfast Bars
- Mini German Filled Pancakes
Monday August 12th:
Thursday August 15th:
- Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches
- Dinner: Shepherds Pie, salad
Friday August 16th:
- Lunch: Leftover Shepherds Pie
- Dinner: Chop Suey, Pesto Pull Apart Bread
Saturday August 17th:
- Midday Gathering/ Pool Party with Friends: Bringing Turkey Sticky Balls, couple jars of homemade salsa, homemade tortilla chips
- Lunch: Leftover Chop Suey
- Dinner: 3 Cheese- Spinach Ravioli, Garlic bread
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, Fresh blueberries, Fresh blackberries, bananas, peaches, cantaloupe
- Fiesta Salsa
- S'mores Bites
- Fried Ice Cream
- Healthy Zucchini Brownies
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
We raise a few chickens, ok, to be completely honest about 3 dozen now! And get anywhere from 2-3 dozen eggs per day.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- August Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more