yogurt, almond milk, bananas, green peppers, shrimp, artisan lettuce, celery, marshmallows, hershey bars (on sale), loaf of italian bread (half price), oatmeal, frozen spinach, and apricot jam.
Breakfast Options for this week: I cooked 4 dozen hard boiled eggs this morning to have quick bursts of protein on the run. In the meantime, here are a few other dishes that are listed on the menu plan with the normal take it or leave it option. Some weeks it seems I plan for all of these things and the kids mainly eat the hard boiled eggs because they're training for sports or weightlifting.
- Eggs Over Easy, Poached, Scrambled or Omelets
- Southern Comfort Grits
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ sausage/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Toasted English Muffins with Harvest Peach Jam
- Healthy Twist Oatmeal
- Raspberry Cream French Toast Fingers
- Blueberry Maple Porridge
- Jam Breakfast Bars
- Mini German Filled Pancakes
Monday August 12th:
Thursday August 15th:
- Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches
- Dinner: Shepherds Pie, salad
Friday August 16th:
- Lunch: Leftover Shepherds Pie
- Dinner: Chop Suey, Pesto Pull Apart Bread
Saturday August 17th:
- Midday Gathering/ Pool Party with Friends: Bringing Turkey Sticky Balls, couple jars of homemade salsa, homemade tortilla chips
Sunday August 18th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chop Suey
- Dinner: 3 Cheese- Spinach Ravioli, Garlic bread
- Fresh Fruit- Home-Canned Peaches, Fresh blueberries, Fresh blackberries, bananas, peaches, cantaloupe
- Fiesta Salsa
- S'mores Bites
- Fried Ice Cream
- Healthy Zucchini Brownies
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
We raise a few chickens, ok, to be completely honest about 3 dozen now! And get anywhere from 2-3 dozen eggs per day.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- August Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of August, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more