Artisan lettuce, celery, cucumber, cottage cheese, 3 packages of Turkey bacon marked on clearance for $1.50 each, Rotini Pasta, bananas, Musk Mellon, Honeydew melon, fresh spinach, broccoli
Things from the garden: Carrots, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, tomatoes
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Omelets & Hash Browns
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Scones
- Fruit Salad, Muskmellon, honeydew, Pineapple, Banana Chunks
- Banana Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Southern Comfort Grits & Eggs
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ bacon/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Thin Sliced Beer Bread Toast with Strawberry Zucchini Jam
- Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
With school back in session the kids have been taking wraps filled with various leftovers, as well as egg salad, chicken salad, or tuna salad. Sometimes they eat a fairly larger breakfast of eggs & veggies, other times they just grab fruit and a hard boiled egg and head out the door.
Monday August 26th:
- Lunch: Leftover Mexican Chicken Stew, cornbread
- Dinner: Italian Spinach Quiche & Garlic Parmesan Biscuits
Thursday August 29th:
- Lunch: Cottage Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Dinner: Sloppy Joes (using Turkey Burger), Salad
Friday August 30th:
Saturday August 31st: We're spending the day crabbing and then getting together for a Crab Feast! Leftovers will be frozen for later meals.
- Midday Get together with Friends/Family: Steamed Blue Crabs, Pasta Salad
Sunday August 31th:
- Lunch: Crab Salad Wraps or Ocean Wiggle
- Dinner: Montreal Grilled Chicken, Garlic Smashed Potatoes, Salad
- Fresh Fruit- Bananas, Apples (leftover), Musk Mellon, Honeydew Melon, Home-Canned Peaches
- Fiesta Salsa
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Fudge Cream Puffs
- Pickled Eggs
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- August Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of August, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / devon