Each week we allot $50 for our grocery budget, which is an average of about $250 per month. When we go grocery shopping, the money in our budget that isn't sold
Our last meat restocking week was on Week #22
week #23 Spent $23.93 - Rolled over $26.07
week #24 Spent $39.35 - Rolled over $10.65
week #25 Spent $28.71 - Rolled over $21.29
week #26 Spent $44.12 - Rolled over $5.88
week #27 Spent $37.69 - Rolled over $12.31
week #28 Spent $36.77 - Rolled over $13.23
week #29 Spent $27.27 - Rolled over $22.73
week #30 Spent $19.17 - Rolled over $30.83
week #31 Spent $28.41 - Rolled over $21.59
week #32 Spent $19.40 - Rolled over $30.60
week #33 Spent $28.66 - Rolled over $21.34
week #34 Spent $31.13 - Rolled over $18.87
week #35 Spent $18.85 - Rolled over $31.15
week #36 $50 Budget allowed $50.
Total Available towards our Meat Restocking week: $316.54 -
We purchased the following:
60# Chicken @ 1.74 lb $104.40
25# Pork Butt @ $1.68 lb 25# = $42.
20# Bacon @ $2.50 lb= $50
20# Pork Chops @ $1.48 lb= $29.60
20 # Ground Turkey @ $1.67 lb = $33.40
Total Spent on Meat $269.40
We also purchased pepperoni, artisan lettuce, celery, cucumber, 3 cantaloupe, 20 cans store brand "rotel", jasmine rice, bananas, nectarines, almonds, yogurt, dried apricots, peanuts, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, fresh mushrooms for a total of $45.28
From the garden we picked (so far!) 1 large zucchini, 4 green peppers, tomatoes, 1 watermelon, and a slew of carrots and jalapeno peppers.
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Fruit Salad- cantaloupe, watermelon, nectarines, bananas
- Cantaloupe Frenzy Smoothie
- Espresso Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Omelets & Cherry Cinnamon Raisin Bread Toast
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Apricot Ginger Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Scrambled or poached eggs, toast
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Scones
- Walkaway Breakfast Burritos (Cheese, eggs, diced onions/green peppers/ bacon/ diced tomatoes, etc)
- Thin Sliced Beer Bread Toast with Strawberry Zucchini Jam
With school back in session the kids have been taking wraps filled with various leftovers, as well as egg salad, chicken salad, or tuna salad. Sometimes they eat a fairly larger breakfast of eggs & veggies, other times they just grab fruit and a hard boiled egg and head out the door.
Monday September 1st: Holiday Get Together with Friends, Potluck Style, munchies all day long
Tuesday September 2nd:
- Lunch: Herbed egg salad on Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Wraps
- Dinner: Salisbury Steak & Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Salad
Wednesday September 3rd:
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Bog
- Dinner: Charleston Crab Cakes, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Thursday September 4th:
Friday September 5th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken taco toppings in a Wrap
- Dinner: Deep Dish Style Pizza, Salad
Saturday September 6th:
- Lunch: Leftover Pizza (Cold- the way everyone likes it, lol)
- Dinner: Copycat Sumo's Restaurant Hibachi Grill style dinner w/ White Sauce
Sunday September 7th:
- Lunch: Leftover Sumo's
- Dinner: Veggie Frittata & Biscuits
- Fresh Fruit- Bananas, Apples (leftover), Musk Mellon, Honeydew Melon, Home-Canned Peaches
- Fiesta Salsa
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Fudge Cream Puffs
- Cinnamon Bun Rice Krispy Treats
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- September Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of September, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more