From the Store & Farmers Market: Half & Half, Heavy Cream, Apple Cider, Artisan Lettuce, celery, cucumbers,
From the Garden: tomatoes, jalapenos, okra, carrots
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week: The breakfast options are becoming snack options as well, because this time of year the kids often grab things like muffins, scones, fruit salad, and the various flavors of refrigerator oatmeal for quick snacks at any hour of the day. Our youngest is going through a "smoothie" phase and he's suddenly scarfing fruit up like there's no tomorrow. I have a feeling it's more due to the coaches pushing heavier weights in preparation for the upcoming tournaments, but in any case, we're seeing the dent in the grocery budget as a direct result.
- Fruit Salad- cantaloupe, nectarines, bananas, apples, plums
- Apple Cider
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes
- Chocolate Pecan Granola
- Apple Cider Bread (Toasted, with fresh applesauce)
- Cinnamon Apple Raisin Oatmeal
- Bagels & Cream Cheese
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits w/ chocolate granola
- Scrambled or poached eggs, toast
- Harvest Peach Jam Breakfast Bars
- Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuits
- Hard Cooked Eggs
Monday September 16th:
- Lunch: Leftover Boston Baked Beans from the other night, salad
- Dinner: Monterey Chicken, Steamed Garlic Green Beans, Honey glazed Carrots
Tuesday September 17th:
- Lunch: Leftover Monterey Chicken in Homemade Spinach Wrap
- Dinner: Grilled Spicy Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli, homemade applesauce, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Wednesday September 18th:
Thursday September 19th:
- Lunch: Chipotle chicken wraps using leftover chipotle chicken filling from last nights tacos.
- Dinner: Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo & salad
Friday September 20th:
- Midday: Potluck Get Together- smorgasboard of various dishes from our friends for Game Day, making Buffalo Wing Dip
Sunday September 22nd:
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Bananas, Apples, Cataloupe Melon, Home-Canned Peaches, Plums, Nectarines
- Fiesta Salsa & Homemade tortilla Chips
- Gourmet Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Carrot Hummus Dip
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- September Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of September, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!