From the Store & Farmers Market: Steak, cantaloupe, artisan lettuce,
From the Garden: tomatoes, jalapenos, carrots
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Fruit Salad- bananas, apples, pears, canned peaches,
- Apple spice Baked Donuts
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Ginger Smoothies
- Caramelized Pumpkin Sticky Buns
- Cinnamon Apple Raisin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Waffles w/ Applesauce, drizzled in maple syrup
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelettes with toast
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- Toasted Apple Cider Bread, Scrambled Eggs
Monday September 30th:
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese,
- Dinner: Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo (over Rosemary Pepper Pasta) , Texas Garlic Toast, Salad
Tuesday October 1st:
- Lunch: Garden Salad with shredded cheese, apple & pear chunks and diced hard boiled eggs
- Dinner: Eggplant Gateau, Rosemary Roasted Potato wedges
Wednesday October 2nd:
Thursday October 3rd:
- Lunch: Leftover Sesame Chicken, salad
- Dinner: Panfried Catfish Nuggets, Baked Potato, Sweet Peas, Honey glazed Carrots
Friday October 4th:
- Lunch: Crabmeat Sandwiches/wraps
- Dinner: Grilled Montreal Steaks, Crispy Cilantro Sweet Potato Fries , salad
Saturday October 5th : Get together with Friends, these usually take place in early afternoon and run into the very late evening, early morn
Sunday October 6th:
- Lunch: Leftovers from yesterdays get-together
- Dinner: Tortilla Soup w/ Black Beans & Cornbread Muffins
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples, Pears, Cantaloupe, Bananas
- Microwave Popcorn
- Homemade Chocolates
- Cinnamon Apple Cherry Cheeseball & Apple slices
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Potato Chips & Vidalia Onion Dip
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
If this is the first menu plan you've seen you may be asking yourself why are there items on the menu that haven't been "purchased". There are meats or fruits, etc that are listed in the menu itself but not in the "items purchased this week". To put it simply, not everything is purchased all at once, if it was, we'd be spending thousands of dollars on groceries instead of around $250 per month!
For complete details on how it all works we recommend you read past menu plans (there are nearly 3 full years of them here on the site!) to get an idea of how meats, fish, seafood and seasonal fruits and veggies are purchased and stored/prepared for later enjoyment! Or Simply download our eBook- which explains it all in detail.
For example- this week you'll see crab on the menu plan, we caught these ourselves several weeks ago
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- October Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of September, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more