From the Store & Farmers Market: Strawberries, artisan lettuce, celery, cucumber, fresh broccoli, bell peppers, bananas, celery, Vanilla yogurt
From the Garden: tomatoes, jalapenos, carrots
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
- Fruit Salad- bananas, apples, pears, canned peaches,
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Maple Almond Scone Bites w/ Vanilla Almond Glaze, Coffee
- Morning Sunrise
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelettes with toast
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- Homemade English Muffins
Monday October 7th:
- Lunch: Leftover tortilla Soup & cornbread
- Dinner: Sloppy Joes, Salad
Tuesday October 8th:
Wednesday October 9th:
- Dinner: marinated Spicy Pork Chops, beets, Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Thursday October 10th:
- Lunch: Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Dinner: California Halibute Bake, Baked Potato, salad
Friday October 11th:
Saturday October 12th :
- Midday: Game Day Tailgate Bites & Get Potluck together with friends
Sunday October 13th:
- Lunch: grilled cheese & tomato sandwich
- Dinner: Shepherds Pie, salad
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples, Pears, strawberries, Bananas
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- October Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of September, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!