From the Store & Farmers Market: Artisan lettuce, celery, cucumbers, fresh broccoli, bell peppers, bananas, Vanilla yogurt, sliced American Cheese, raisin bran cereal, pumpkin,
It's important to keep in mind when we post items that we're frequently purchasing multiples, such as lettuce, we purchased 2 packages of Artisan Lettuce, several pounds of sweet potatoes, etc.
From the Garden: tomatoes, jalapenos
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week:
- Fruit Salad- bananas, apples, canned peaches,
- Morning Glory Banana Nut Muffins
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- Autumn Apple Cereal Bars
- Banana Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelettes with toast
- Homemade English
- Caramelized Pumpkin Sticky Buns
- Home-Canned Applesauce & Hot Biscuits
Wrestling Season is nearly here and the kids are eating lots of Eggs- hard-boiled, deviled, Omelets, scrambled, in tortilla wraps, etc. Depending on whether they are cutting for a match or power lifting, they may cut out various components of the meal.
Monday October 14th:
- Lunch: Vegetable Quiche
- Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Copycat Hibachi Steakhouse Stir Fried Rice & Veggies
Tuesday October 15th:
- Lunch: Cranberry Spinach Salad with leftover Grilled Chicken Chunks
- Dinner: Grilled Halibut with Avocado Mango Salsa, grilled rosemary potato wedges, salad
Wednesday October 16th:
- Lunch: Fish Tacos (Leftover Halibut)
- Dinner: Mexican Fiesta Casserole
Thursday October 17th:
- Lunch: Leftover Mexican Casserole in Wraps
- Dinner: Broccoli
Friday October 18th:
Saturday October 19th :
- Lunch: Bermuda Spinach Salad
- Dinner: Premeditated Leftovers (Casserole, Broccoli/Garlic Penne, etc)
Sunday October 20th:
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples, Pears, Bananas, Mango
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- October Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of September, so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.