If you've been diligently following our weekly menu plans, you already know that we've been holding out on restocking or spending much, watching those seasonal sales trends until the Holiday sale prices finally hit the stores on
If you review our last couple of weeks you'll see that we've been very careful with our spending so that we could Roll over our planned weekly budget allotment into a pantry/baking supplies restocking week.
Let's take a review of Previous Weeks to see how how much money
week #43 we spent $8.03 = $41.97 rolled over
week #42 we spent $43.15 = $6.85 rolled over
week #41 we spent $22.18 = $27.82 rolled over
week #40 we spent $41.98 = $8.02 rolled over
week #39 we spent $32.16 = $17.84 rolled over
week #38. we spent $54.6 = -4.60 subtracted from budget
week #37 we spent $39.84 = $10.16 rolled over
From the Farmers Market & Store: Bananas, Artisan lettuce, celery, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, canned pumpkin, pecans, White flour, Wheat Flour, sugar (White/brown/powdered), several spices, canned beans (several Varieties), dried beans (several varieties), 25# Jasmine Rice, apples, yeast, garlic, store brand
Total Spent this week $126.74, which leaves us with $31.32 to roll over into next weeks budget if needed.
From the Garden: jalapenos
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Apples, Bananas, Home-Canned Peaches
- Cranberry Almond Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Bourbon Pancakes
- Toasted Cinnamon Apple Quesadillas
- Homemade English Muffins
- Mandarin Orange Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Sliced apples with Festive Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagels or Onion Bagels
- Eggs- Scrambled,
- Leftover Southern Crockpot Grits (From Sunday)
Monday October 28th:
Tuesday October 29th:
- Lunch: PB & J Sandwiches
- Dinner: Corpse Loaf, Salad
Wednesday October 30th:
- Lunch: Chipotle Egg Salad Wraps on Tomato Basil Tortillas
- Dinner: Sausage Stuffed (pumpkin) Bell Peppers, Salad
Thursday October 31st:
- Lunch: Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- Dinner: Gnarled Witches Fingers, Mashed Zombie Innards (garlic Smashed Potatoes), steamed veggies
Friday November 1st:
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Tomato Soup or Shrimp Pasta Salad (if we have any luck fishing!)
- Dinner: Venison Roast w/ Potatoes, Carrots, Onions & Yeast Rolls
Saturday November 2nd: Game Day! Potluck game day get together
- Midday: Get Together With Friends making Yankee Chili, Cornbread
Sunday November 3rd:
- Lunch: Leftover Venison Roast Sandwiches
- Dinner: Grilled Pork Chops, Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries, salad
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Pears, Apples, Pumpkin, Home Canned Peaches, Bananas
- Pickled Eggs
- Honey Granola Bars
- Fried Ice Cream Ramen
- Microwave Popcorn
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this
- November Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of November so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / zigzagmtart