$48.32 Pomegranates are in season and are extremely cheap right now, as little as .25¢ each, so although we don't really need them, I picked up a few to make fresh homemade juice.
From the Farmers Market & Store: Pomegranates, grapes, fresh pineapple, cream cheese, 10#'s of bacon, artisan lettuce, bell pepper, celery, vanilla yogurt
From the Garden: jalapenos
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Leftover from Last week: Apples, Bananas
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Apples, Bananas, pomegranates, grapes, Fresh Pineapple
- Apple Walnut Butterhorns
- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bagels or Onion Bagels
- Eggs- Scrambled, poached, over easy, fried, or Omelets with toast
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quesedillas
- Fruit & Cream Oatmeal
Monday November 4th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chili from Saturday's Get together & Coleslaw
- Dinner: Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Baked Potatoes
Tuesday November 5th:
- Lunch: Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwiches
- Dinner: Beef Stroganoff, Salad
Wednesday November 6th:
- Lunch: Leftover Balsamic Chicken in Wraps or on salad
- Dinner: Healthy Nachos
Thursday November 7th:
- Lunch: Leftover Beef Stroganof
- Dinner: Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo (over Rosemary Pepper Pasta) , Texas Garlic Toast, Salad
Friday November 8th:
- Lunch: Fire Roasted Armadillo Eggs, Garden Salad
- Dinner: Cran Apple Pork Chops, grilled potatoes, steamed green beans
Saturday November 9th:
- Lunch: Rotini anti-Pasta salad
- Dinner: Homemade Loaded Pizza
Sunday November 10th:
- Lunch: Leftover Pizza
- Dinner: Santa Fe Style Chili Casserole
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Pears, Apples, Pumpkin, Home Canned Peaches, Bananas
- Pickled Eggs
- Honey Granola Bars
- Homemade Eclairs
- Microwave Popcorn
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- November Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of November so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family.