If you already follow our menus, you know that last week was a meat restocking week in which we went over budget (for the year) by about $21; something we prefer not to do, but when you find decent deals you go for it!
This weeks focus is on fresh fruits and veggies, so we purchased the following: artisan lettuce, celery, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, oatmeal (It's national oatmeal month & it's on SALE), kale, pears, apples, bananas, turkey pastrami, 1/2 gallon of milk,
Total Spent $33.42, which puts us back within our budget.
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Fruit Pears, Apples, Bananas, Home Canned Peaches
- Raspberry Vanilla Swirl Meusli
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Toasted Homemade Bagels with Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Tropical Delight Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Omelet & Hash Browns
- Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits or Yogurt & Homemade Granola Parfaits
- Espresso Mocha Oatmeal- this is our eldest sons fave flavor!
Monday January 20th:
- Lunch: Pastrami Panini's with shredded swiss cheese
- Dinner: Crockpot Beef Stew (made with venison instead), fresh biscuits
Tuesday January 21st:
Wednesday January 22nd:
- Lunch: Crab & Swiss Melt on toast
- Dinner: Copycat Olive
Thursday January 23rd:
- Lunch: Leftover Fiesta Casserole
- Dinner: Enchiladas & Mexican Rice
Friday January 24th:
- Lunch: Leftover Enchiladas
- Dinner: Crab stuffed Baked Halibut, Baked Potatoes with Dill
Saturday January 25th: Wrestling Tournament bringing Egg Salad Sandwiches, Deviled eggs, Homemade Granola Bars
- Dinner: Homemade Kale, Caramelized Onion, and Bacon Pizza
Sunday January 26th:
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples (leftover from last week), Bananas, Fresh Pineapple
- Hardboiled Eggs
- Honey Crunch Granola Bars
- Chewy Granola Bars
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
The Crab meat mentioned in this weeks menu plan is a prime example of why we don't provide a shopping list/grocery list for our weekly menu plans. The meat is from crabs that we caught ourselves while camping. We cook and clean the crabs, then freeze the meat in small packages of 1- 2 cups using our vacuum sealer.
This is why we recommend that you use what you have available to YOU in your Own Area.
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- January Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of January so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA-
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family