1 lb Scallops, fresh strawberries, Cantaloupe, fresh broccoli crowns, 2 whole pineapple, fresh mushrooms, 3lbs gala apples, carrots, bananas, fresh spinach, 4lb lamb roast marked down, Fresh Asparagus, yogurt, lettuce, celery, cucumber-
Here again - if you pay attention to the sales cycles, this would be a fantastic time
If you aren't sure what's on sale in your area, Check the flyers of your favorite stores. Be sure to plan your menu based on what you have on hand and using your flyers BEFORE you go, so you can price match at one store rather than driving around from store to store to get the best deals.
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (Getting nearly 2 dozen per day again!)
Breakfast Options for this week: Fresh Fruit - Apples, Bananas, Fresh Berries, Cantaloupe, fresh pineapple
As usual We'll throw together a fruit
- Egg White Omelets (Egg whites, diced veggies, seasonings)
- Poached eggs on toast
- Cinnamon Cherry Cheeseball & Apple Slices
- Egg McMuffins (on homemade english Muffins)
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- Espresso Muesli
- Pineapple Mint Jalapeno Smoothie
- Strawberry Burst Breakfast Cereal
Monday February 10th:
Tuesday Feb 11th:
Wednesday Feb 12th:
- Lunch: Cinnamon Pear Butter Ravioli & Salad
- Dinner: Szechuan Stir Fry over Asian Garlic Ginger Noodles (homemade!)
Thursday Feb 13th:
- Lunch: Broccoli Fritatta
- Dinner: Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
Friday Feb 14th: Happy Valentines Day!
- Dinner: Bacon Wrapped Broiled Scallops with Apricot Chutney , Roast Lamb with Asparagus, Mint Jelly and Lyonnaise potatoes, Chocolate Lava Cake
Saturday Feb 15th: Chances are we'll end up getting together with friends instead . . .
- Midday: Cowboy Casserole
Sunday Feb 16th:
- Lunch: Leftover Chicken Cacciatore
- Dinner: "Restaurant Night" - this isn't actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen.
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples, Bananas, Fresh Cantaloupe, Fresh Berries
- Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Microwave Popcorn
- Frozen Banana Bites
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- February Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family