This week we purchased the following: avocado, mangoes, lettuce, All Beef Franks, chocolate bars (for S'mores!), cabbage, mango Fire cheddar cheese, fresh mushrooms, organic cherry tomatoes, cabbage, french dressing, celery, bell peppers, cucumber, banana, grapefruits, whole wheat bread
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (Getting nearly 3 dozen per day)
From our Windowsill/ Garden: Lettuce, Chives, Scallions, Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Rosemary, dill, oregano, basil), Spinach, beet greens, baby carrots, onions (grown from scraps)
Total spent this week on groceries $ 32.14
Breakfast Options for this week: (Fresh Fruit Choices, grapefruit, Bananas, yogurt)
Monday May 5th: Happy Cinco De Mayo! Some items were made ahead of time for a simple, "set-up camp" supper.
- Lunch: Crab Ceviche, salad
- Dinner: Chicken Taquitos, salad
Tuesday May 6th:
- Lunch: Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes with an egg in the hole
- Dinner: Bacon, Eggs, Hashbrowns on the griddle
Wednesday May 7th:
- Lunch: BLT's
- Dinner: Fire Roasted Cabbage Steaks & Citrus Grilled Chicken
Thursday May 8th:
- Lunch: Lunch out, Received a Gift Certificate from Friends for our Wedding Anniversary
- Dinner: Crabmeat sandwiches on whole wheat buns, steamed clams w/ butter, coleslaw
Friday May 9th:
- Lunch: Sweet Potato Home Fries, Campfire Mango & Cheese Quesedillas
- Dinner: Key West Grilled Chicken, Macaroni Salad
Saturday May 10th : (using venison)
- Lunch: Chili Dogs, Potato Salad
- Dinner: Grilled Steak & Corn Salad
Sunday May 11th:
- Midday: "Beanhole Beans", salad, cornbread
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples, Bananas, Fresh Pineapple
- Deviled Egg Dip & Veggies
- S'mores - Marshmallows Graham Crackers
- Bacon Avocado Deviled Eggs
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
FYI: The crabmeat and clams mentioned in this weeks menu plan are shellfish that we personally caught. We love to go crabbing and clamming when we're camping, it's a lot of fun & tasty to boot!
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- May Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of May so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / snip