This week we purchased the following: Strawberries, blueberries, a pear, apples, kiwi, heavy cream, cream cheese, American Cheese, Cabbage, portabella mushrooms, feta cheese, whole chicken, nectarines, plums, bananas, 10#'s Bacon ($2.49 a pound), tea bags
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (Getting nearly 3 dozen per day)
From our Windowsill/ Garden: Chives, Scallions, Fresh Herbs (Cilantro, Parsley, Rosemary, dill, oregano, basil, mint), Spinach, beet greens, onions (grown from scraps), green peppers, Cucumbers, zucchini, Tomatoes, watermelon
Total spent this week on groceries $55.74
Now, before you read the menu and say wait a minute, they didn't buy any "whatever" this week, we urge you to read ALL of the Helpful articles at the Bottom that explains our Menu plans and HOW they work!
Breakfast Options for this week: (Fresh Fruit Choices, Apples, bananas, blueberries)
Monday June 30th:
- Lunch: PB&J or Cucumber Sandwiches
- Dinner: Stuffed Grilled Portabellas
Tuesday July 1st: Happy Canada Day to our Canadian Friends!
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwiches
- Dinner: California Burgers, Spinach Salad
Wednesday July 2nd:
- Lunch: Grilled Black Bean- and Rice-Stuffed Peppers, sliced fresh tomatoes
- Dinner: Watermelon Salad, Beer Can Chicken, grilled garlic/onion potatoes
Thursday July 3rd: Potluck Get Together w/ Friends & Family All day
- Bringing Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips ; Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
Friday July 4th: Potluck Get Together with Friends Happy Independence Day!
Saturday July 5th:
- Lunch: Chicken Salad Wraps (leftover Beer can chicken)
- Dinner: Lemon Garlic Spicy Shrimp Zoodles
Sunday July 6th:
- Lunch: Chipotle Pulled Pork Wraps (leftovers from the 4th)
- Dinner: Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Apples, Strawberries, Fruit Salsa
- Carolina Firecrackers
- Angel Food Cake & Fresh Berries
- Armadillo Eggs
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
* Iced Tea (Unsweetened or Sweet Tea)
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used, but still available:[/B]
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- July Sales Trends- not sure what Should be on sale right now? Here is a list of the current Sales trends throughout the month of July so you know what savings to expect and look forward to.
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA- Do you find yourself struggling to reduce your grocery bill each month? Check out our Menu plan help across the USA to see if your area has been featured for more 1-on-1 help, if not, feel free to add your request to have your city/state featured.
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family