I found some great deals on fruits and veggies in season including
February 21st - February 27th - Grapefruit was definitely in abundance this week- we took full advantage! Having been raised eating everything and anything, our children are more than happy to eat fresh grapefruit for breakfast. Younger kids may prefer orange segments with a honey yogurt dip.
- Breakfast: fresh grapefruit, toast
- Lunch: Pesto Egg Salad Wraps
- Dinner: Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry over Jasmine Rice
- Breakfast: Homemade Yogurt, toast
- Lunch: Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Dinner: Hearty Taco Pasta
- Lunch: Taco Pasta
- Dinner: Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans
- Breakfast: Donut Muffins
- Lunch: Twice Baked Potato, Side salad
- Dinner: Shepard's Pie & Biscuits
- Breakfast: Cereal (Oatmeal or Cold Cereal)
- Lunch: Shepard's Pie & Side salad
- Dinner: Grilled Steaks, Salad, Sweet Potato Fries
Saturday 26th: We're going fishing! If all goes well, we'll be having fresh fish for dinner.
- Breakfast: Homemade Toaster Strudels
- Lunch: Meeting friends at the pond to fish for the day- we're bringing potato salad & brownies, friends of ours are bringing hot dogs/buns.
- Dinner: Pan-fried Catfish & Hash Brown Potatoes w/ fresh dill - in the event that we REALLY suck at fishing this time around our fallback meal is Pizza.
- Breakfast: Veggie & Cheese Omelets & toast
- Dinner: Spaghetti w/ Meat Sauce, Toasted Garlic Bread
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
- Fresh Fruit- oranges, grapefruits
- Chewy Granola Bars
- Lemon Chiffon Cake
- Orange Segments w/ Honey Yogurt Dip & homemade granola - (dip the orange segment in yogurt and then roll in granola for a satisfyingly crunchy snack!)
- Donut Muffins
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Iced Tea or herbal teas
- Orange Cream Fruit Smoothies
A few things I'd like to share: We still had a few sweet potatoes left over from last week and since the sweet potato fries are such a hit, I added them to this weeks menu as well. I can't speak for other families, particularly those that homeschool, but when our teens get home from school, they are RAVENOUS. They tear open the cupboard doors like they