This week we purchased the following: Lettuce, Tomatoes, peppers, celery, vidalia onions (sale at farmers market), cheese, cucumbers, Honeydew melon, bananas, grapes, steaks, 20#'s boneless chicken breast, onion burger buns, canola oil, avocado, black olives, rotini pasta, cauliflower, bacon, cream cheese, saltines,
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs (approximately 18-30 per Day), Pears (well, technically from a friends yard), but they offered all we could pick!
From our Windowsill/ Garden: Fresh Herbs (Cilantro, Parsley, Rosemary, dill, oregano, basil, mint), jalapeno peppers, Butternut Squash, Hubbard Squash
- Breakfast Burritos
- Fruit Salad- Honeydew Melon Chunks, bananas, pears, apple chunks,
Eggs: hard-boiled, poached, over easy, fried, omelets, Frittatas
- Toasted Apple Cider Bread
- Bananas or Peaches, Apples, Cut Melon Chunks, etc
Lunches: As we've mentioned in the past, we're really not big lunch eaters, but here are a few options that are available: Leftovers, PB & J, Egg Salad Wraps, Chicken Salad Wraps (from the leftover chicken).
Monday September 22nd:
- Dinner: Bacon Jalapeno Butternut Squash Soup, crusty french bread
Tuesday September 23rd:
- Dinner: Baked LaSketti, Garlic Bread, Salad
Wednesday September 24th:
- Dinner: Mexican Fiesta No Bake Casserole
Thursday September 25th:
- Dinner: Cheeseburgers & Crispy Garlic Romano Sweet Potato Fries
Friday September 26th:
- Dinner: Copycat Cracker Barrel Chicken & Dumplings, Salad
- Dinner: Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Onions, Grilled Chicken Breasts, Potato Salad
Sunday September 28th:
- Dinner: French Onion Soup, Crusty French Bread
Monday September 29th:
Tuesday September 30th:
- Dinner: Brazilian Beans & Rice with Over Easy Egg, avocado Salad
Wednesday October 1st:
- Dinner: Shepherds Pie, toasted Garlic Bread
Thursday October 2nd:
- Dinner: No Mac Cauliflower & Cheese, grilled venison steaks
Friday October 3rd:
- Dinner: Leftover Night- Tons of leftovers stacking up in the freezer, time to weed them out!
- Dinner: Hearty Taco Pasta (comfort food).
Sunday October 5th:
- Dinner: Birthday Gathering with Friends- asked to bring snack- Tailgater's Cracker Toffee
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- Pears & More Pears , Bananas, Apples
- Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Copycat Nutrigrain Bars
- Tailgater's Cracker Toffee
- Yogurt Parfaits
* Hot Chocolate/Cocoa
Less Likely to be used,
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
* Iced Coffee Drinks
* Almond Milk
For Further reading/help we recommend the following:
- $50 Dollar Menu Frequently Asked Questions - There are certain questions that seem to pop up again and again, so rather than be redundant and repeat answers, we've put them all in one convenient place for you!
- Basic Questions- Why we don't provide a shopping list, Random ingredients that aren't in the shopping list, are groceries cheaper , etc
- More Questions- more in depth questions regarding dietary guidelines, dealing with picky eaters, junk food and more
- It Doesn't Add up- Learn why some items in the Menu plan aren't listed in this weeks grocery purchase list & how it all comes together
- September Sales Trends-
- The 2012 Family Guide to Groceries under $250 a Month- a guide of how and where to cut grocery expenses to get spending under control while providing an eye-opening view of the dirty manipulation tactics retailers use to keep you spending.
- $50 Weekly Menu Plan Help across the USA-
- Making Fruits & Veggies Last: At the beginning of each week we prepare the vegetables and fruits to make meal preparation easier during the week and to save money by preventing waste. You can read more about that here.
- How Spending $25 Now can save you Hundreds Later - if you gain nothing else from this site, don't overlook this tip. It has been an EXTREME money-saver for our family