What does this mean for the budget? Well, rather than kicking the menu plan out the window for that night and ordering take-out or heading to the nearest restaurant we instead usually have a couple
A. Switch the Nights around- simply choose one of the remaining dinner options on this weeks menu plan and cook it a day early.
B. Heat up one of the leftover/pre-made freezer meals instead.
C. Make a Pizza, bake a cake, have a beer. Pizza is pretty easy to throw together, uses minimal ingredients and you can put just about anything on top of it and it will still taste great.
Now I already hear you saying, but wait a minute, I don't see "beer" in your weekly grocery budget. No, you don't because we also brew our own
This week we purchased the following: Brussels Sprouts (frozen), mixed veggies (frozen), Salmon, artisan Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Pineapple, Grapes, Strawberries, Green beans, avocados, greek yogurt, Sriracha Sauce, Franks Hot Sauce, Olive Oil, pepperjack cheese, spinach, cream cheese, bell peppers, celery, radishes
Lidl Flyer Deal
Total spent this week on groceries: $46.16
From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs
From our Windowsill/ Garden: a few fresh herbs in the windowsill- cilantro, basil, parsley and rosemary
Breakfast Options for this week: No one in our family really eats breakfast anymore, for the past year or so we've followed something known as IF
This doesn't mean that our grocery budget is cheaper because we don't eat, quite the opposite, we just don't eat at traditional breakfast times. When we break our fast it just happens to be in the afternoon. Sometimes we use the items in our breakfast list as midday mini-meals or snacks, but we don't actually eat first thing in the morning, ever.
- Fruit/Berry Yogurt Parfaits
- Peach Jam Breakfast Bars
- Strawberry Burst Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Toasted English Muffins or Morning Sunrise Sandwiches (english muffin toasted, fried egg, slice of tomato, dab of mayo)
Monday January 22nd:
Tuesday January 23rd:
- Lunch: Fish Tacos (using leftover salmon)
- Dinner: Chop Suey & Salad
Wednesday January 24th: Sausage is really easy to make at home and Pork
- Lunch: Leftover Chop Suey
- Dinner: Sausage Stuffed Green Peppers, tex-mex corn & peppers
Thursday January 25th:
- Lunch: PB&J wraps
- Dinner: Pepperjack & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast, Baked Potato, Salad
Friday January 26th:
- Lunch: Avocado Dijon Pasta Salad
- Dinner: Copycat Hibachi Steakhouse Stir Fry Rice, Stir Fry Veggies, Grilled Venison Steaks
Saturday January 27th:
Sunday January 28th:
- Dinner: SouthEastern Chicken Stew, Cornbread
If you're not familiar with our weekly menu plans, you'll notice that our menu often includes ingredients that weren't included in the weeks grocery list, you can read the full explanation why here.
Various Snacks & Desserts:
- Fresh Fruit Choices Available- strawberries, grapes, Home Canned Peaches, bananas
- Granola Bars
- Pineapple Mint Jalapeno Smoothie
- French Onion Dip & Chips/ Carrot Sticks
FYI: If you're wondering why all the ingredients listed in the recipes aren't necessarily showing in the "purchased groceries" list, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions!