Pepper steak is a simple, delicious dish that takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. It makes a wonderful main meal, as well as tasty (leftover) pepper steak wraps for super fast lunches during the week.
When slicing steak, always cut across the grain, rather than With the grain. This helps to make the meat less “chewy” and more tender, particularly on tougher cuts of meat.
If you’re following a Keto diet, you can use 2 Teaspoons of Glucomannan Powderor 1 Tablespoon of ground flax seed as a substitute for the cornstarch.
* 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
* 1 green pepper, julienned
* 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
* 1 onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3 tablespoons cornstarch
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
* 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or Coconut Aminos (for Keto)
* Hot cooked rice (optional)
* 1 tsp Pepper
In a small bowl mix cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the Steak strips and cook until just slightly pink. Add peppers and onions and saute all together for 2 minutes.
Stir in garlic and seasoned broth mix, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Sprinkle liberally with Pepper (to taste)
Serve over hot rice, or baked potato, or with a salad. This mixture makes Delicious Pepper Steak Wraps for quick lunches during the work week.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / DreamBigPhotos
Left overs could be use for quesadeas.