What would St. Patrick’s Day be without a delicious dessert? These no-bake Irish Eclair bars are simple to make in less than 10 minutes and taste divine.
* 2 1/2 Sleeves graham crackers, whole
* 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 2 1/2 cups milk
* 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (cool whip), thawed
* 1 Batch Sinfully Perfect Hot Fudge Sauce
* Couple Drops Green Food Coloring (Optional)
* 1 Tsp Peppermint Extract, optional
Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with whole graham crackers. In a medium size mixing bowl combine milk and pudding mixes, mixing about 2 minutes, until thickened. Fold in Whipped Topping, add peppermint extract and food coloring, if desired.
Spoon half of the mixture over the graham crackers. Top with a layer of graham crackers, add the remaining mixture over the graham crackers, spreading it evenly. Top with another layer of graham crackers.
Pour the warm hot fudge topping over the top, smoothing evenly with a spoon. ** Place the entire dish in the freezer for 20-30 minutes before serving.
If you’re using the hot fudge recipe in the link above, it will thicken to the perfect consistency. However, if you’re in a hurry, you can use prepared chocolate frosting in it’s place, you’ll need an entire tub. (About 1 1/2 cups).
* Make a layer of chocolate and a layer of vanilla pudding, omit the peppermint extract.
* Irish Cheesecake Bars- mix in 1 pkg of softened cream cheese in the prepared pudding, then fold in the whipped cream, layer as directed above.
This entire recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish and makes a wonderful dessert dish for picnics, events and holidays.