A delectable blend of fresh spring greens, bacon, sweet onion and mushrooms with a light refreshing dressing- this dish always starts out as a side, but quickly becomes the main meal because it’s just that good!
* 6 Eggs, Hard Boiled & sliced into wedges
* 1/2 pound bacon, cooked & Crumbled
* 1 pound spinach, washed and chopped
* 2 3/4 ounces croutons
* 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 small onion, chopped lightly
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup cider vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon celery seed
* 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
Combine the following items in a blender, processing until smooth: onion, sugar, salt, oil, vinegar, pepper, celery seed and Dijon mustard
Combine the eggs, bacon, spinach, croutons and mushrooms in a large salad bowl, tossing gently, pour a generous amount of the prepared dressing over the top, toss again to lightly coat. We like to add a bit of sliced red onion to the salad itself as well, mostly for color, since the dressing already has red onion in it.
This serves about 6 people. You can easily increase the ingredients, particularly the amount of spinach to serve more.
© Can Stock Photo Inc. / HHLtDave5