Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls make the perfect appetizer for any occasion. These simple to throw together spinach bread bowl bites are melt in your mouth delicious and easy to prepare.
- 13.3 oz roll of refrigerated french bread loaf
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 c. baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 T Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon Chile Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 1 muffin pan with non stick cooking spray, or lightly oil with olive oil.
Slice french bread loaf into 12 equal size slices, about 3/4 inch thick. Flatten the dough until it about 3″ across and place into the muffin tin. Repeat until the tins are full.
Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat, add coarsely chopped spinach for 2 minutes, add garlic and stir gently for another minute, remove from heat.
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add the seasonings, cooked spinach/garlic blend, Parmesan Cheese, Mixing until well combined. Carefully scoop dip into each of the centers of french bread bowls. A mini cookie scoop works wonderfully, but a tablespoon also works well.
Sprinkle the top of each bread bowl with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes. The edges should just be turning brown.
Remove from oven, let set for 2-4 minutes before removing from muffin tin.