A delicious, dip recipe that can be transformed into a hearty soup or a quickie flavorful chili by adding just one extra ingredient!
* 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 2 c. Frozen whole kernel corn
* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Fire- Roasted tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
* 1 envelope taco seasoning (or make your own)
* 1/2 cup finely diced onion
This recipe can be prepared in a saucepan on the stove, or all the ingredients can be tossed into the slow cooker and heated on low over several hours. The slow cooker works great for keeping the dish at the right temperature for serving to guests. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
Chef’s Note: To make Taco Joe Soup, add a 29-ounce can of tomato sauce to the slow cooker or large saucepan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes on the stove over low heat.
To Make Taco Joe Chili – add 1 pound of browned ground beef for the perfect chili, serve with cornbread.
1 can kidney beans .59
2 c. Frozen whole kernel corn .99
1 can black beans .59
1 can Fire- Roasted tomatoes .89
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce .50 (although they are frequently on sale 3/$1
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies .79
1 envelope taco seasoning (or make your own) .33
Total $4.88 = (for 6 people) .81 cents per person