We love granola bars, they’re fast, they’re simple, easy to carry, easy to pack, make great snacks- but I HATE the price. Have you noticed how the major brand name granola bars have gone from a 2 inches wide to about 3/4 of an inch wide?? Ditch the box and try these, you won’t go back!
Before you start the recipe, it’s important to note that you cannot substitute the ingredients and have them come out chewy.
For example, Don’t substitute rolled oats for the quick oats because the granola bars willfall apart!
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick style mix (feel free to make your own)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar — packed
- 1/2 cup butter — softened but not melted
- 1 Large egg
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine everything in a bowl, mixing until well combined.
Press mixture evenly in un-greased 13×9 casserole pan.
Bake 15-17 minutes.; Cut into bars while still warm. These freeze well & make excellent afterschool snacks.
To the above recipe Add:
- 1/3 c. chopped dried apples and 1 tsp cinnamon (or)
- 1/3 c. powered milk for a breakfast bar (or)
- 1/3 c. raisins or craisins or dried cherries (or)
- 1/3 c. chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/3 c. Any Flavor Baking Chips- Mint, Butterscotch, Peanut Butter, Etc
We’d love to hear your variation ideas as well!