Italian Chicken Saute

Italian Chicken Saute
Italian Chicken Saute

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

italian-chicken-saute
Delicious, Quick and easy meal of caramelized onions, green peppers and tender chicken seasoned with garlic, Italian seasonings and fresh tomatoes – healthy and affordable

• 1-2 Boneless Skinless Chix Breasts, sliced against the grain
  • 1 -2 Onions, sliced
  • 1 green Pepper, sliced
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • Shredded Mozarella
  • black olives, drained & halved
  • 2 c. egg noodles (uncooked)
  • 2-3 tsp minced garlic
  • garlic salt

Bring 2 qrts of water to a boil over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, add egg noodles and 2 tsp minced garlic. While the noodles are cooking:

italian-chicken-saute
Heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet, add sliced onions and green pepper, saute until caramelized. Transfer into a glass dish, add another Tablespoon of olive oil to hot pan, add chicken to pan. Season with garlic salt and a dash of fresh ground pepper, brown the chicken, once the chicken pieces have browned, add the onion/green pepper mix.

Once the chicken is properly browned, add the onions and green pepper slices, sprinkle with 1 tsp (I don’t measure it, I just add it) and cook until tender.

Once the noodles are nearly done, add fresh diced tomatoes (or 1 can of un-drained diced tomatoes) to the skillet chicken & veggies.

Reduce the heat and simmer while you drain the noodles.

Add a pat of butter and a sprinkle of garlic salt and dish out the noodles, top with the chicken & veggies.

Sprinkle the top with a bit of shredded mozarella cheese if you like and serve.

This is a meal that takes about 18 minutes from start to finish. I don’t mix the chicken/veggies with the noodles because I like to use the leftovers in wraps for lunches. Usually there aren’t any leftover noodles.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

1. I pinned this the other day to make sure to remember to try this and ended up making it last night. It was so yummy! I adjusted it slightly, but for the most part just the same.

You can see my post about this recipe at Italian Chicken Saute :thankyou:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.