Designed for use in single-story urban homes, the Wireless Extenders zBoost Metro YX540 cell signal booster boosts indoor signal for all cellular mobile devices that use the 800 and 1900 Mhz frequencies--including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, and Sprint (but not Nextel phones). The zBoost Metro enables you to take full advantage of your mobile phone's voice, data and Internet services, including 3G high-speed data, streaming video, instant messaging, sending pictures, and more.
The zBoost Metro base station.
Like the entire line of zBoost products, the zBoost Metro features patent-pending technology that protects the carrier network, and the wide radio wave beam width directional antenna receives signals from multiple cell towers. Easy to set up, simply attach the signal antenna onto a window in an area in your home that offers the best signal (using the included suction cups) and then place the base unit in the area of your home where you want to strengthen the cell signal (see an illustration of the zBoost setup).
Key Features and Specifications
What's in the Box
- Boost indoor signal coverage up to 1500 square feet
- Compatible with all U.S. carriers and mobile devices using 800 & 1900 MHz (except Nextel/iDEN or 4G, 2100MHz phones)
- Supports multiple users simultaneously
- Increases voice and data transmission
- Decreases dropped or missed calls
- Perfect for single story settings--no outside antenna placement required, no vertical antenna separation needed
- No cradle or connections to your phone
- Extends phone battery life (uses less power when signal is stronger)
- Protects the carrier network using patented technology
- Networks: CDMA, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, EVDO, 1xRTT, UMTS, HSPA, 3GDimensions (base station): 5 x 7 x 1.25 inches
zBoost Metro YX540 amplifier base unit, power supply, base unit antenna, coaxial cable (RG59-mini), signal antenna and mounting hardware
Before placing a zBoost Metro in your home, make sure that you can place calls near the window or wherever you plan to place the Signal Antenna. zBoost can only bring signal into your home when signal reaches the Signal Antenna.
The zBoost Metro antenna.
Using your cell phone, place a call near this location to confirm that enough signal is present to complete the call. If you can reliably make and receive calls at that location then zBoost can bring the signal into your home. If only one signal bar is displayed on your cell phone, indoor coverage will be limited to one small room.
Proceed through the following steps to set up the zBoost Metro:
Place the Signal Antenna on the interior of a window located in the area of best signal.
Determine the location that provides the strongest signal using the signal strength indicator on your cell phone. Find the location on the window that provides the most bars of signal strength. Before proceeding, make sure that the intended surface is clean and clear of any dust. Then choose the suction cup attachments appropriate for your setting (short or long), fasten to the Signal Antenna, and secure to your window.
In order to capture the strongest signal, you may do one or all of the following: