Sloppy Joes

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

Sloppy Joes are a favorite super fast all-american meal that can be thrown together in a skillet in under 20 minutes. Ground beef or turkey, onions, green pepper, seasoned perfectly make this a hearty meat filling that your family will frequently request!

sloppy-joes

1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1 tsp minced garlic
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste

Brown the meat in a skillet, drain off any fat, add onions and bell pepper, sautee. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Serve over toasted hamburger buns with side salad.

Quick Serve Tip: If you want to make perfect serving size Sloppy joe filling- double the recipe, spoon the filling into muffin tins and pop into the freezer. Once frozen, pop out the frozen Joe into ziploc bags and toss back into the freezer. Each one is the perfect serving size on a toasted hamburger bun. Simply reheat in the microwave.

GB101-Nest-Egg Grocery Budget 101 Breakdown:

1 pound ground turkey $1.17
onion .20
green bell pepper .20
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder .04
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard .02
3/4 cup ketchup .20
3 teaspoons brown sugar .20
1 tsp minced garlic .05
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 pkg Hamburger Buns $1.20
Total Amount $3.28 , Feeds 6= .54 per person or.82 per person (feeding 4 – double servings)

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.