Simple 30 Minute Whole Wheat Buns

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

3.9 (78.82%) 34 votes

simple-30-minute-whole-wheat-buns
From start to finish, this simplistic 30 minute recipe is one of our favorite recipes for super fast whole wheat buns. I prefer the taste and texture of homemade breads to the gooey preservative laden store-bought counterparts. These do it yourself Hamburger buns can also be shaped into hot dog or brat rolls.

• 2 tablespoons rapid yeast, room temperature
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water (110 F)
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 – 2 cups all purpose flour

In a medium size mixing bowl (or kitchenaid mixer) dissolve yeast in water, add oil and sugar, set aside undisturbed for 5 minutes. Add egg, salt, and enough flour to form a soft dough.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding remaining flour as needed. (Do not let rise) Divide into 8 pieces, forming each piece into a ball. Place dough balls approximate 3 inches apart on a greased baking sheet. (or use parchment paper). simple-30-minute-whole-wheat-buns

Cover loosely with a clean towel and let rest 10 minutes.

Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

For Hotdog or Brat rolls, shape into log rolls, makes 8
For Hamburger Buns: makes 8
For Dinner Rolls, makes 12

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.