Magic Middles Cookies

Magic Middles Cookies
Magic Middles Cookies

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80.61%) 33 votes

Magic Middles are a delectably rich chocolate cookie filled with a creamy, smooth peanut butter confectionary delight!
magic-middles-cookies

Chocolate Dough
magic-middles-cookies

* 1 1/2 cups Flour
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder, natural or Dutch-process cocoa
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
* 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 large egg

Peanut butter filling

* 3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth- whichever you prefer
* 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar

First, Preheat the oven to 375°F. (You’ll need 2 Prepared cookie sheets- either greased lightly or lined with parchment paper.

Make the Dough: In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, mixing well. Set aside. In a medium size bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter. Beat until fluffy. Add Vanilla extract and the egg, beating until smooth.

Add half of the flour mixture, mixing well until it’s fully incorporated, add the remaining flour mixture.

Set the Dough Aside:

magic-middles-cookies
Prepare the Filling: Combine peanut butter and confectioners sugar, beating until smooth and fully incorporated.

Lightly flour hands form the filling into 24 – 1″ balls.

Using a Cookie Dough Scoop (or a tablespoon!) Form the Chocolate dough into 24 Walnut sized balls. Flatten the Chocolate dough ball against the palm of your hand and add a peanut butter filling ball to the center of the dough. Bring up the sides to seal the dough completely around the filling ball.

Gently roll the ball in the palms of your hands to smooth it and then roll in a small dish of granulated sugar.

Repeat until all 24 cookies are prepared. Place the cookies on a prepared cookie sheet approximately 2″ apart. Gently flatten the cookies slightly (I used the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in granulated sugar!)
magic-middles-cookies

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on a wire rack (if you can get your family to keep their hands OFF them that long!!)

magic-middles-cookies

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.